I support Compassion

25.7.08

My Steadfast Lover

The loudest noise, the faintest whisper
are your eager tools of seduction
For so long, I replaced you with words
And worshiped only my induction

I heard about your face
and the gift of a fearless heart

Solemnly, I dare to approach
You dare me come closer
Once again, of you I boast
My only steadfast lover

I am encased in your beauty
Trembling hands are soaked with admiration

Unfailing love, so sweet upon my lips
The brilliant light of a new day
What I can be, you remind me of this
The face of God in a jar of clay

I swear to you, I will see your face
My heart will feel no fear

[Psalm 27]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one of my all time favorite psalms. good to see you letting it gnaw away at your mind. selfishly i hope you keep writing. i love it.