I support Compassion

7.7.08

Make me one with the music

Someone once asked me, "If you were to get an mp3 player, what would you want on it?" I replied, "Just make me one with music." So, I got a Zen. This is what it looks like.

Corny. Well, technically, it's a "Zen Stone Plus", because it doesn't have a f'real screen or anything like that. But it's real nice. Allow me to elaborate.

First of all, 2 GB of space. This allows me more than enough songs to which I may rock/dance/air guitar/ embarrass myself entirely. On shuffle, it can go from "Du Hast" to "The Rockafeller Skank", and that is strictly quite awesome. And it's so little! I would never have expected this tiny little thing to hold so much music, but it do. This moves me to my next point.

This thing is about the third the size of my cell phone. As I'm working, I don't have to worry about it being in the way, or becoming uncomfortable, or feeling bulky. It's just there. Heck, I forget it's there most of the time. But there's one thing that always reminds me of its presence...

That'd be the built-in speaker. And it's not really a crappy speaker, either. Being built by Creative, it pretty much has everything that I would be looking for. So, when I feel the rockitude reaching critical mass, I just switch on the speaker and continue to rock. It's a beautiful thing.

By the way, that switch is just a simple press of a button. Everything on this beast is simple. I don't have to bother with lame iTunes or Windows Media Player (sorry guys), it comes with some software. And it's easy, too. Just select the songs you want, and poof. They're in. You can even put them in folders to organize them (into, say, "running", or "painting", or even, "rocking"), and select playlists.

All you iPodders don't know what you've missed out on. =P

Finally-- I made this post because Brian asked me to do so. Brian is the stuff, for real. You should check out his blog (and new haircut) if you haven't already...

<--- over there.

1 comment:

Jessica and Erika said...

windows media player. scoff.