I support Compassion

22.7.08

Crap.

I'm sure you already heard the sirens blaring about a complain-a-blog coming. And of course, it's phlebotomy. During the examination of venipuncture technique on me (a reluctant volunteer), my classmate accidentally slips the needle out with the vacuum tube engaged, and then...
... accidentally stuck the needle back in the vein about a quarter inch distal. Distal = further away from the shoulder. Med terminology lesson for the day, eh? But anyway, that freakin' hurt! Instead of a normal puncture hole, I got a pretty decent scratch: plus the bonus hole. I'm a lucky dude.

Oh, and in case you were wondering... yes. Blood everywhere.


Spitefully, as always, I got a perfect score on my evac tube draw. Money.

2 comments:

Jessica and Erika said...

gross, gross, gross.

i am in awe of your braveness, james grant. total awe.

-Jessica

Jessica and Erika said...

yikes. you are definitely braver than i am.

and i promise that's what i was going to write before i saw what jessica wrote.... :)

-Erika