I support Compassion

19.1.09

This is why I have a camera.

Snow is like my star.

It's altogether glorious; and by that, I mean that it's pretty. Though, I do enjoy the delicate silence. The hushed excitement of it falling, dancing in front of me... as it swoops down through the streetlight, a glimmer of beauty embraces my eyes. As it joins the top of my head and melts, I'm reminded that there are moments on earth where the present is heaven.

I can never forget that it's there-- snow reminds me of its uniqueness with every step I take. It reminds me of the fact that I have a camera. And that nothing ever stays the same. It is only possible to embrace what is constantly fluid, remembering that the Maker has thoughtfully shown me his love, time and time again.

It is the only good thing about the cold, I've said. I will admit, though, that I've never stood shivering as I experience this love of wonder and joy of life. It's not a good thing, it's a beautiful thing.

... he says, and she rolls her eyes.

No comments: