I support Compassion

23.11.08

... but it's okay (a lesson in grace)

I put off my tedious article summary of how tuberculosis avoids our immune systems to blog...

I choose to lead my core group in being active participants in the world around them, and maybe to do something for someone else for a change (not saying they don't anyway), instead of sit in that chair with my name on it and rest after a tough week...

Necessity takes a back seat to video game rivalries and discussions about the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce...

Everywhere I go, I'm really cold...

No matter how much I sleep, I never fail to wake up exhausted...

Sparks flash and scald the parts of my heart that have been cold for such a long, long time...

Sometimes, I feel empty...

My Father seemingly flashes in and out of my life...


... because I know that we're always together, anyway.
... because I'm comforted by my status as a new wineskin.
... because my mom tells me that I'm no good to anyone cold.
... because it's always passion that wakes me up.
... because I won't always have the snow.
... because I won't remember anything in this life as well.
... because there's more than one kind of comfort.
... because I'll need to look back later...

... to see how this promise of [grace] is fulfilled.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

"iceberg lettuce is 95% water [...] humans are the only ones that like it and that's only due to flavor." [yahoo answers]