I support Compassion

24.6.09

Upon each page

I just had what could be the strangest revelation I've had all week.

I've never been by myself when I've done anything worthy of writing down.

You, reading this.

I would like to thank you.

Your influence on me has brought a great change,
(the realization that life is not a one-man show)
and you have stoked flames of courage,
which pulse like drumbeats in the rickety bone-cage of someone you are not,
warming and boiling the blood rushing through the canals of meaning.

Your voice thunders like a mighty tide in the mind of someone who is commonly convinced that his substance is comprised primarily of chalk and ash.

You have managed to answer, "why?"
and taught me that is more important than, "how?"
with your generous existence.

My god has a face,
and he has not shown it to me;
but somehow,
you have seen it.

The days are falling page after page,
and upon each page is your seal,
oh Lord.

No comments: