I support Compassion

11.6.09

A furrowing of the brow

I hate to say it, but I'm disappointed with Obama so far. In fact, I'm pretty disappointed with the government in general.

- He pushed for the criminal Freedom of Choice act. Don't get me started, because you know that conversation will go straight to eugenics.

- GM now stands for "Government Motors." Is that seriously legal? Just how do Democrats justify this? If I had a dollar for every time I heard a Dem complain about the way that the executive branch was wielding incredibly centralized power in the previous administration, well... I wouldn't have to worry about paying rent, that's for sure. What is the difference here? I have been trying very hard not to be cynical of politicians lately, but they're not making it easy.

- When are we coming home again? oh... a couple of years still. It'll still be "Merry Christmas from a very broken Baghdad" for a long time. At least they don't have to worry about looking for a job right now.

- Health reform plan needs a lot of work. Study up, sir. This is the one bill that needs to move, pronto. In fact, why don't you just call this one the "Look How Much Money Can We Save With Only One Signature Bill." It's pretty catchy, right?

I know I don't normally talk about politics on here, but I need some release. And I don't even know how well McCain or Nader would be doing in his stead, seeing as this is tough stuff. But it'd be nice to be doing better.

No comments: