I support Compassion

21.10.08

James' top 10 of relevance

This is how you copy your friends. Also, to blog when I really don't know what to say... and the music I hear says it all so well.

1) "Weighed Down" > Jars of Clay

(As we deny that love is still the king / not as weak as we make him out to be / love lies here waiting all alone / can a king be a king weighed down?)

2) "Showdown" > Pendulum

(But it's simple, you were wrong / you must have known that we did not belong / I know you thought I sold my soul / but you never told me to my face / I just had to let you go)

3) "The Spy Hunter" > Project 86

(Pawns standing in awe / of the game, of the stage / you worked so hard at building an empire / of secret rooms to display to yourself / and add to your wealth / and the sting of, oh, it stings / when I saw it all come crashing / I witnessed the sound of a million voices / screaming for a public hanging)

4) "Countin' Down the Days" > PAX217

(Now I'm waiting for the day, the day to come / when I, when I will be with you / I know where you went / I know where you are / I know who you're with 'cause your just like Him / I'm gonna see you in a little while)

5) "You're On Fire" > MxPx

(Now that you're on fire, you're voice is like the wind / now that you're on fire, let life begin again / now that you're on fire, a new day has begun / now that you're on fire, you are like the sun / more than anything I'd like to see / better brighter days for you, for you and me)

6) "This Is The Countdown" > Mae

(you tread to stay above the waterline / but never taking off the weights that / keep us stuck here / in the comfort, in the fear / I’ll never know what we were fighting for /but I’m still looking to break out)

7) "Farsighted" > Five Iron Frenzy

(to all the farsighted, the skies never looked so clear / hello to the hopeful, goodbye to the full of fear / glorious, luminous / the heavens have painted, have brushed you with angel wings / and you know in your heart / that the farsighted see better things)

8) "The Nothing" > Equalibrum (misspell intended)

(lurking in shadows and creeping in darkness / is a will to commit an unspeakable harm / so this is the pick of a beat of heart / that women and children are easily marked / completes every deed and as vicious imparts / it's here and it's keen and it's visibly sharp / appearing in flesh in its various forms / shadows the earth as it hovers and swarms / feeding on anything breathing and warm... / when you open your door, it's already inside)

9) "Permanent Holiday" > Suicide Machines

(just to today, I was forced to say / I'm going on a permanent holiday / I'll drop what I'm doing, it's okay / I'm going on a permanent holiday / left a note saying I'll be gone for a long time)

10) "15" > Surrogate

(so forget about the money / and forget about yourself / and forget about the calculated risk / it never ends well)



There it is. I would suggest these songs to anyone; their rockitude is unmatched.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

the one song you know of mine is one more than i know of yours...

...did that even make sense? [gets back to the point] i should investigate this playlist of relevance.