I support Compassion

18.10.08

How to jump the gun properly

So- dreams the other night. The first one is a little creepy, and doesn't really tie in, but I thought I'd add it in anyway. This is my journal, and there's something about it that makes me want to ensure that I don't forget.


Dream #1: My friends (I forget the faces, exactly) and I are inside an old creepy house with lots of windows and two stories. It's the type of dream that isn't exactly in B & W, but not totally in color either. Sort of a grayscale/sepia tone going on there, with old looking furniture. Very unhappy clouds in the sky, but no rain. Stay with me, now. For some weird reason, a freaky little girl comes down out of the sky in a cyclone-type funnel and begins to walk toward the house. It's always a freaky little girl, right? Anyway, she attempts to convince the rest of us that one of us has committed a blatant offense which must be punished by death.


Do we take the bait? No. We stab the ho.


Afterward, she reappears out of the sky and accuses another one of us of a different crime, and we take the liberty to sing her a different lullaby for her next dirtnap. Gun-- dead. Even blunt-freaking-broomhandle: vanquished. Every time we do this, the bodies continue to pile. It's no wonder I woke up and thought I was losing my mind. Jury's still out on this one.


Then, the dream that correctly corresponds with the title...


Dream #2: I come across the revelation that I can graduate this year. That's right, in Spring 2009, with the rest of my classmates. This is the one that woke me up for good-- the terror of seeing the ASP in a dream is truly formidable. But it made me think... could that be true?


When I checked the ASP, I got my answer. Myth "confirmed."


Thoughts poured down through my brain, and my cognition was awash with the possibility of graduating this year: $24,500 that would not even need mention, a headstart on my peers in the field, a launch into the life I'm pursuing, and a real chance to test by fire the solidity of my faith in an unbelieving world. Hold, please.
Would I even be ready?
"... but the Lord directs his steps..." Guys, I don't know about this one.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

so the good friend in me says, "hoorah! you can save money and get a head start!"

but the bad friend in me says, "oh noes, they be stealin' muh friend!"

[sigh] this certainly puts an interesting twist on your future plans though, doesn't it? God certainly does have a remarkable sense of humor.